No products in the cart.
BALTIMORE, MD — The Association of Catholic Publishers (ACP) is pleased to announce the winners of the new Excellence in Publishing Awards, which will be given out at the 2015 Religious Booksellers Trade Exhibit (RBTE) in St. Charles, Illinois. The goal of these awards is to recognize the best in Catholic publishing.
“Titles about Pope Francis, the Gospel of Joy, his concerns with mercy and for the poor—these again were the focus of the winning titles,” stated Therese Brown, executive director of the Association of Catholic Publishers. “Very unexpectedly, we also had titles that won in multiple categories, one of which was Book of the Year.”Liturgical Press (7) and Pauline Books and Media (4) had the largest number of winning titles. Fourteen other publishers received awards for their works.
This year, there are two “Books of the Year,” Chosen: This is Your Catholic Faith,” a multimedia Confirmation preparation program from Ascension Press, and Sacred Fire by renowned spiritual writer, Ronald Rolheiser (Image Catholic Books.) Judges were taken with Chosen, noting, “I love the RCIA approach—this is what students need!” and “A complete program that presents the faith to teens in a thorough, modern way.” The “Book of the Year” is selected from among the first-place finishers.
The following titles are the 2015 winners of the “Excellence in Publishing Awards” by category.
1. My Battle Against Hilter by Dietrich Von Hildebrand (Image Books)
2. Pope Francis: Life and Revolution by Elisabetta Pique (Loyola Press)
3. Oscar Romero by Kevin Clarke (Liturgical Press)
1. The Story of Saint John Paul II: The Boy Who Became Pope by Fabiola Garza (Pauline Books and Media)
2. I Forgive You written by Nicole Lataif, illustrated by Katy Betz (Pauline Books and Media)
3. (tie) Pope Francis: I Believe in Mercy by Regina Doman (Manga Hero) and Discovery at Dawn by Maria Grace Dateno FSP (Pauline Books and Media)
3. (tie) The Prodigal You Love: Inviting Loved Ones Back to the Church by Theresa Aletheia Noble, FSP (Pauline Books and Media) and Pope Francis: A Guide to God’s Time by Cindy Wooden and Paul Haring (U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops)
1. Saints and Social Justice: A Guide to Changing the World by Brandon Vogt (Our Sunday Visitor)
2. Mercy in the City by Kerry Weber (Loyola Press)
3. The Grace of Yes by Lisa M. Hendey (Ave Maria Press)
Prayer and Spirituality
1. Sacred Fire by Ronald Rolheiser (Image Books)
2. Jesus: A Pilgrimage by Fr. James Martin, SJ (HarperOne)
3. (tie) The Sacred Gaze by Susan R. Pitchford (Liturgical Press) and The Loneliness and Longing of Saint Francis: A Hollywood Filmmaker, A Medieval Saint, and a Life-Changing Spirituality for Today by Gerard Thomas Straub (Twenty-Third Publications)
Resources for Liturgy
1. Chosen: Your Journey Through Confirmation by Chris Stefanick and Ron Bolster (Ascension Press)
2. The Spiritual Meaning of the Liturgy by Goffredo Boselli (Liturgical Press)
3. Sick, and You Cared for Me: Homilies and Reflections for Cycle B by Rob Bell, Fr. James Martin, SJ, Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM, Jan Richardson, et al (Clear Faith Publishing)
Resources for Ministry
1. Chosen: This Is Your Catholic Faith by Chris Stefanick and Ron Bolster (Ascension Press)
2. Becoming Beholders (Order of St. Benedict)
3. Hispanic Ministry in Catholic Parishes by Hosffman Ospino (Our Sunday Visitor)
1. How Human Is God? by Mark S. Smith (Liturgical Press)
2. Sick, and You Cared for Me: Homilies and Reflections for Cycle B by Rob Bell, Fr. James Martin, SJ, Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM, Jan Richardson, et al (Clear Faith Publishing)
3. Prophets II by William A. Anderson, DMin, PhD (Liguori Publications)
1. Partaking of God by Denis Edwards (Liturgical Press)
2. Spirituality Seeking Theology by Roger Haight (Orbis Books)
3. Mercy: The Essence of the Gospel and the Key to Christian Life by Cardinal Walter Kasper (Paulist Press)
The Association of Catholic Publishers (ACP) is a membership organization of Catholic publishers, those who provide services to Catholic publishers, and individuals who work with Catholic publishers. The ACP provides opportunities for members to further the Catholic publishing industry, promote Catholic publishing and reading, and engage those they interact with, including retailers, pastoral leaders, individual customers, and staff.
To see the original publication click here.